As such, our Tourist Office is committed to:
- Providing an easily accessible information centre and welcome desk.
- Helping you with your requests.
- Providing you with a seating area.
- Providing free information on local tourist facilities.
- Publicising our opening hours in at least two foreign languages.
- Providing free WiFi access.
- Being open at least 305 days per year including Saturday and Sunday during the tourist season or for events.
- Replying to your mail throughout the year.
- Providing permanent reception staff who speak at least 2 foreign languages.
- Providing printed tourist maps and guides.
- Providing access to a special trilingual website which can be accessed using mobile devices.
- Providing printed tourist information translated into at least 2 foreign languages on the following:
* all rated tourist accommodation including at a minimum the establishment’s name, address, email, website, telephone number and rating;
* monuments and tourist sites (cultural, natural or leisure establishments) including prices, opening dates and times, website, telephone numbers and address;
* events and entertainment;
* emergency numbers. -Updating tourist information every year.
- Displaying emergency phone numbers on the exterior of the building.
- Providing information on all tourist facilities in the area, for all types of visitors.
- Providing access to information about the availability of rated accommodation.
- Dealing with complaints and measuring satisfaction levels.
- Providing a tourist information service that combines new information technology and communication technologies (social networks, mobile phones, geolocalisation etc.).
- Meeting the requirements of the Qualité Tourisme™ brand
- Having a trip advisor at your disposal.
- Guaranteeing the reliability and up-to-date nature of the information on what is available locally for tourists.
Vars Tourist Office belongs to the network of French Tourist Offices.